Friday, October 14, 2022

Tiny Home Broken Into.

September 24, 2023 Update. 😞 


The tiny home's exterior door had been broken twice over the summer and was not of use to keep people out, so recently on another Friday night someone (I have photos) went into the tiny home and ripped out the existing #12 and #10 electrical copper wires. Possibly $10 on the black market, but cost many, many hours of student work to install was stolen. What I thought would take a school year to complete, but, COVID definitely played a huge part in the delay of the completion of the Tiny Home 😡. I hope to get back started in the 2nd quarter of this school year.

To recap, the project began in December 2019. In early March 2020, COVID began. Construction stopped. In the 2020-2021 school year we came back to campus in the 3rd quarter. In the remaining time of the school year, we placed the exterior siding on the Tiny Home.  Last year, even though we were back in school, the student had changed. The students were addicted to their phones. I was able to break a few students of their new bad habits and had them help with the Tiny Home build.  We completed some interior framing, rough electrical, and installation of the insulation.

And in one night some IDIOT  took it upon himself to score $10 in electrical parts to ruin a semester of work!  I hope I do not sound too bitter, I am not, I am just frustrated. These two persons were caught on video walking around the school campus for 5 hours on a Saturday night. They left with something in those bags! I honestly feel sorry for a 30+ individual who is spending his Saturday night on a high school campus.






No comments:

Post a Comment